A little more than a year ago we made Sour Cream Pancakes that were to-die-for. We’ve made them a couple of times since then but just recently decided to branch out with the original recipe. Given that one of our favorite summer pastimes is making s’mores over a campfire it was natural for us to incorporate s’mores into our breakfast.
Deciding to merge pancakes and s’mores was one of our prouder moments. Pancakes with graham, mallow and chocolate is just right in every way. Period. Plus we had bought graham flour awhile back but never knew what to do with it. Problem solved!
- 7 tbsp graham flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium-low heat; you want it to slowly get nice and hot.
- Stir the graham flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl. Add the Greek yogurt and stir together very gently; it’s okay to leave the texture a bit uneven. Whisk the eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl and stir them into the Greek yogurt mixture, once again, being careful not to overmix. Finally, stir in the marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Melt about a tablespoon of butter in your skillet or griddle and pour the batter in, about ¼ cup at a time. Cook for about 2 minutes on the first side, or until bubbles appear all over the surface. Flip them carefully and cook for about a minute on the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve in a stack, topped extra marshmallows and chocolate chips, and maple syrup.