Isn’t it sooo hard to go back to work after a vacation. I really dread it. I am so lucky to be able to go on vacation but I just know that when I walk into work today I will have piles and piles of papers on my desk and more e-mails than I can count. But going on vacation is so worth it. Spending time with family and friends and my husband is the best! I’ll have to remind myself of that when I am drowning in e-mails. Anyway, I am back from vacation! It went way too fast. But we had a great time.
Before we left we made these quickie Rolo cakebars. My sister in-law, also named Cara, watched our dog while we were gone. Along with all of the dog stuff I packed up, (food, leash, bed, crate etc…) I also wanted to include people treats. I brought half of these to work before I left and the other half I gave to Cara and her husband. These are a super quick but easy treat to make. And, who doesn’t love Rolos? If you don’t love Rolos (as unimaginable as that is) you could use mini Reeses or Snickers too. Either way the concept is the same. A layer of cake, candy, and more cake! You really can’t go wrong with this recipe!
- 1 18.25 oz box yellow cake mix
- 5 oz evaporated milk
- 40 Rolos, cut in half
- 1-4 cup butter, melted
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, melted butter, and evaporated milk. Mix until combined. The batter should be sticky.
- Scoop half of the batter into the baking dish and bake for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the halved Rolos. They should be cut side down.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the remaining batter over the top of the Rolos. It does not have to cover evenly; just drop spoonfuls.
- Bake an additional 20-24 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool.