First things first. Congratulations to Jen L and Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes, the winners of the Oreo Molds and Transfer Sheets. I hope you guys have as much fun as we did making (and eating) fancy Oreos. Your prizes were dropped in the mail on Friday.
Now… on to this Christmas Punch. We are exactly 1 week away from Christmas Eve. Can you believe how fast Christmas has come? I feel that way each year, but this year in particular it seems to have really snuck up.
Kara and Cliff are hosting Christmas Eve this year, which is a change for us. We used to go to my Grandma and Grandpa’s house every year, but when my Grandpa died, my parents took over hosting and we’ve since had Christmas Eve at their house for probably the last 10 years… at least.
In preparation, Kara and I decorated her house for Christmas (she has a mini silver Christmas tree… can we even call that decorating?) and we discussed our menu on Sunday. We have lots of ideas for appetizers, main dishes and desserts but we also needed a signature holiday beverage. This Christmas Punch is perfect because it tastes like candy canes and it’s festive. We didn’t add alcohol, but I think it’d be EVEN BETTER with the addition of vodka.
- 1 jar strawberry jelly (10 ounces)
- 1 liter Cherry 7Up
- 2 cup peppermint stick ice cream, divided
- candy canes, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt jelly with 2 cups Cherry 7Up, stirring until smooth. Chill the jelly mixture in the fridge.
- Just before serving, place 1½ cups ice cream in a punch bowl or beverage dispenser. Gently stir in the jelly mixture until jelly mixture is completely combined with the ice cream. Pour in remaining liter of Cherry 7up.
- Add remaining ice cream as dollops on top. Garnish with candy canes, if desired.