After yesterday’s multi-step recipe (which was absolutely DELISH by the way) we wanted to post something that was easy. Like really easy. And with Super Bowl right around the corner, Beer Cheese Fondue was the natural choice.
My Sunday nights are consumed by Girls and Mob Wives so it’s not likely that I’ll be tuning into football. “I thank the higher powers for all of the gifts that I have already received…a keen mathematical mind and fairly fast growing hair.” Ha! Love me some Shoshanna!! Or what was the emoji quote that Ray said to Sosh?? That one was my absolute favorite. Is anybody a Girls fan? Following me at all?
Whether you’re hosting a football party, watching the game in sweats by yourself or watching my kind of TV…Beer Cheese Fondue is a great choice. It only takes a couple minutes to make and then you can pour it into a crock pot to keep it warm and smooth. We choose pretzel bread, pigs in a blanket and apple slices as dippers but there are tons of other options. Raw veggies (thinking broccoli and cauliflower) toasted french bread, breadsticks, pretzels, chips, crackers, fingers!
Beer Cheese Fondue
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup beer
- 4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2-4 tbsp half-and-half
- dippers (we used pretzel bread, apple slices and pigs in a blanket)
- In a small saucepan, heat butter. Add the onion and sauté until tender. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Cook for another minute. Pour in heavy cream and beer. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Toss in shredded cheese and stir until melted and smooth. You can add another 2 tablespoons or so of half & half if it seems too thick.
- Transfer to a small cock pot and keep warm. Serve with dippers of your choice, we used pretzel bread, apple slices and pigs in a blanket.