One of my favorite foods to order for Thai and Chinese takeout is crab rangoon. It’s fried food, cream cheese heaven. Not one bit sorry!! We try lots of homemade Asian-ish meals and appetizers and we’ve definitely made our version of crab rangoon already. It’s about time we get creative with crab rangoon flavors again.
Leave it to us to make another dip. You really can’t have too many dip recipes in your arsenal. It’s important to always be changing them up!
Crab Rangoon Dip is a guaranteed crowd pleaser because it incorporates all the flavors of the universally LOVED Crab Rangoon. This dip, like all our other dips, causes an immediate blogging break time so that Kara and I can snack on as much as 2 humans can possibly consume…without turning into cheese. Initially we wanted to serve our dip with wonton crisps but for some reason couldn’t find them at the store…so the next best thing was Ritz Toasted Chips. They worked!
Crab Rangoon Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 tbsp siracha
- 4 oz crab meat, broken into 1-inch pieces
- crackers or wontons, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, mayo and siracha until combined and smooth. Taste and add more siracha if you want it spicier.
- Gently fold in the crab meat, water chestnuts, carrots and celery. Be careful not to break apart the crab meat.
- Spread dip evenly in a 9-inch (or so) round baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes, until warm and golden brown on top. Serve with crackers or wontons.