For many people Easter symbolizes the resurrection of Christ. For other people it symbolizes Cadbury eggs, Reese’s eggs, and asparagus. Can you guess which person I am? And although I look forward to Cadbury eggs all year long, I must say I am waaayyy more excited about the asparagus. I refuse to pay “winter prices” for asparagus so it’s a treat when we have it. I don’t know if it is just us or lots of people, but we always have asparagus for Easter. And I SO look forward to it. I am so excited for asparagus season or as others call it, spring!
This is a super simple lunch/appetizer/dinner to throw together at the last minute. We even used store bought flatbread/naan. Even Kelly, who does not like asparagus, prosciutto, or goat cheese, liked this pizza. Really though, what’s not to like? Cliff and I seriously devoured this flatbread. It is one of my favorite things we have made recently. Any excuse to combine cheese and asparagus, right? If only I could somehow combine asparagus and Cadbury eggs…
- pre-cooked flat bread or naan, ours were about 8 x 6 inches
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 spears of asparagus
- 1/4 lb prosciutto
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place 3 slices of mozzarella cheese on each crust.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel slices of asparagus onto the cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Top with sliced prosciutto.
- In a bowl mix together the goat cheese, heavy cream, lemon juice, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spoon it over the cooked pizza.