I tried to stay on topic and think of something fascinating to write about celery. But…The Voice trumps celery no matter how good the recipe. It just does. A new season of The Voice just started in case you haven’t already heard. I’m catching up on the past two days of auditions as I type and so far I’m not impressed. #McKaylaMaroney
The Johnny Cash duo is kinda fun and I am semi into the Joan Osbourne girl…but overall I feel just…meh. Did I miss or overlook somebody amazing? Are there more auditions to come or is this what we’re working with this season?!
Whenever I watch TV I always feel like snacking…especially during The Voice because it’s TWO hours, TWO nights per week! My go-to snack is Ants on a Log. It’s actually my all time favorite snack. The celery/pb/raisin combination will always be my favorite, but recently I was craving something different. Kara and I experimented and found different ingredients to mix with cream cheese for a totally different take on stuffed celery. Each filling is different and delicious. This is an easy snack to make for yourself when gearing up for a night in front of the TV, or as an appetizer that people will scarf down.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Celery – 3 Ways
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 5 stalks celery, washed and cut into thirds
- 2 tbsp pimentos, chopped
- 1/4 sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- handful kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3-4 medjool dates, pits removed and roughly chopped
- handful dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- honey, for drizzling
- Cut the cream cheese into thirds and place in three separate bowls.
- In one bowl, stir in pimentos and cheddar cheese until combined. In the second bowl, mix in feta, kalamata olives and sundried tomatoes until combined. In the third bowl, mix in dates, cranberries and slivered almonds.
- Spread the fillings on the celery sticks. Lightly drizzle honey over the date/cranberry combo. Serve immediately as an appetizer or a snack.