We’ve got something a little different for you today. Grilled fruit. I’m not pretending to have invented grilled fruit or anything. But it is not something we usually do. Grilled vegetables- all the time. Grilled fruit- almost never. After this little snack that is all about to change though. Why have I never been a fruit griller before? Officially a convert. Officially on the grilled fruit bandwagon for life!
When we made this grilled fruit we included pineapple, nectarines, mango, and strawberries. We loved the pineapple, nectarines, and mango. Didn’t love the strawberries so much. I omitted the strawberries from the recipe below but obviously they are pictured. I just dont like warm, soft strawberries. At least now I know. But the pineapple, nectarines, and mango? Nothing sort of delicious. And with that dipping sauce? To die for! Fire up your grill and make some yummy fruit!
Grilled Fruit Skewers with Key Lime Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup fresh nectarines, sliced
- 1 cup mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup cup toasted coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 oz key lime pie yogurt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6-8 skewers
- Slice the fruit into bite sized pieces.
- Turn the grill to medium.
- Microwave the coconut oil for 15 seconds or until liquified.
- Place the fruit on skewers.
- Mix the coconut oil with the lemon juice and brush over the fruit.
- Grill for about 3 minutes per side.
- While the fruit is grilling mix the yogurt, sugar, and the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the fruit with the toasted coconut and serve with yogurt dipping sauce.