I’m not a die-hard hockey fan and I’m not going to pretend that I know what I’m talking about…but I am a Chicagoan so of course I’ve been watching all the Hawks games on the edge of my seat. Every game I end up needing to step away during the 3rd period because it gets too intense for me! I usually go for a walk because if I don’t tear myself away from the TV I will end up with gray hairs. No thanks! But this game…an unbelievable finish, 2 goals in 17 seconds and Hawks win the Cup!
Congratulations Blackhawks, 2013 Stanley Cup Champions!
As Reese would say…it was beyond.
If you haven’t already noticed, there are some dreamboats on our team. I wish I could win Toews over with my cooking. Roasted Veggies with Shaved Parmesan should be the way to a Hawks heart. Am I right?!?
I won’t hold my breath.
We made these Roasted Veggies with Shaved Parmesan last weekend and they definitely won over my heart. Kara and I chose our favorite vegetables and roasted them in a simple oil infused with garlic, onion and lots of fresh herbs. Roasted veggies are so delicious, the edges get slightly crisp but the centers are soft. The sweet potato is my favorite!
- 1 zucchini
- 1 summer squash
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 sweet potato, peeled
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs rosemary, stems removed and chopped
- 3 sprigs dill, chopped
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice all the veggies into rounds of uniform thickness, approximately ¼ inch thick. Arrange veggies in a baking dish, alternating them for color.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, onion, garlic, rosemary and dill. Taste, then season with salt and pepper. Add to a medium saute pan and cook the olive oil mixture just until the onion has softened, a minute or so. Pour olive oil mixture over the veggies making sure to coat all the veggies evenly with oil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan then bake for another 5-10 minutes.