I bought my first jar of coconut oil recently. It seems to be the new go-to home remedy. Dry skin? Throw on some coconut oil. Want shinier hair? Use coconut oil. Want to lose 20 pounds? Coconut oil. Want to grow a money tree? Plant a jar of coconut oil. It is a miracle oil for sure. And to think, 2 years ago, I’d never even heard of coconut oil. How did I live without it? I definitely had dry skin, dull hair, extra fat, and less money. Game changer for sure.
Additionally, coconut oil tastes great too. I just love the taste and smell of coconut. To me there is no more summery scent than coconut. Its like eating sunblock. Yum. Summer in a jar. Which reminds me did you know that you can also use coconut oil as sunblock? Miracle oil, indeed. Kelly spotted this recipe and we knew right away we would make it. The only change we made was adding almonds. For the health benefits, of course. If coconut is the miracle oil than almonds are the miracle nut. I think we can all agree that any recipe that contains both coconut oil and almonds must be healthy. No? Well, then lets agree that it is at least tasty. This almond joy bark way exceeded my expectations. Absolutely delicious. Like combining summer and chocolate. What could be better?
Almond Joy Bark
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Place a sheet of foil over a cookie sheet.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave.
- Combine with the shredded coconut.
- Spread it onto the pan. My pan was about 8×12 and it didnt quite cover. You don’t want it too thin.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat the chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 second intervals until melted.
- Quickly spread over the coconut layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and the almonds.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate has hardened; about 20 minutes.
- Break or cut into smaller pieces.
- Keep refrigerated.