We have easy 4th of July recipe #2 for you today: red, white, and blue ice cream cones. 4th of July is one of those holidays where everything turns to red, white, and blue. Flags everywhere, people dressed in patriotic colors, and of course red, white, and blue foods. And I admit I am a sucker for holiday colored foods. It has been super hot here lately (not true, its been freezing. But it SHOULD be hot!) so ice cream is the perfect dessert of choice. Instead of making red, white, and blue ice cream we decided to decorate the cones. At first I planned to buy red, white, and blue sprinkles. Well, either every store was sold out or they do not sell them. Instead, I bought star sprinkles and Kelly picked out all the red and blue ones. While in the check out line I saw these mini M&M’s, so I bought those too. They both turned out super cute. We topped the cones with our Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream with Biscoff Swirls.
On another note, I need your advice. Do your dogs go crazy around the 4th of July? Our dog is always crazy but I feel extra bad when there are thunderstorms and fireworks. She gets so scared. I feel soooo guilty leaving her knowing what is about to happen. She is just terrified. Last year we put her in her crate before we left to watch the fireworks. When we came home we saw part of her claw sitting outside her crate. She must have been desperate to claw her way out. I am thinking of calling the vet and asking for a sedative. Has anyone ever done that? Did it help?
- Waffle cones
- Mini M&M’s or Sprinkles
- White candy melts
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the candy melts in the microwave on medium power.
- I always do 30 seconds at a time stirring often so that it does not burn.
- Put the M&M’s and sprinkles in separate dishes.
- Once the chocolate is melted dip the tops of the cones in the white chocolate.
- Roll the cones in the sprinkles or place the M&M’s on the cone.
- Flip the cone open side down on a piece of wax paper and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with your favorite ice cream.
- I did not include any ingredient amounts because it depends on how many cones you made.
- We only made 2 cones so we only used a handful of white chocolate.
- This would also we cute with waffle cups.