A Few week ago I saw Chobani vanilla chocolate chunk yogurt at the grocery store with a recipe for muffins. I thought it was a great idea and I snatched up that yogurt. Then it sat in my fridge for ages. I finally found the time to make them and I couldn’t be happier with the result. In fact, between Kelly and I we made them 3 times in two days. Just a couple days after making the muffins we decided we better share this little gem on the blog. I went to the grocery store and no vanilla chocolate chunk yogurt. I asked Kelly to look at the store by her. No go. She looked at two additional stores and still no yogurt. Devastation hit us hard. We only just found these muffins and we already had to give them up? What’s up Chobani? Where’s the vanilla chocolate chunk yogurt at?
We knew we couldn’t give up that easily. These muffins were too good not to make again. We put our heads together and decided to buy vanilla yogurt and add chocolate chunks. I know, it was a giant leap, but we made it. So, if you can find vanilla chocolate chunk yogurt then buy that and add about 1 cup of extra chocolate chips. If you can’t, then buy the vanilla yogurt and follow the recipe below. These muffins are soft and moist and chocolatey but not too sweet. The perfect breakfast treat.
Vanilla and Chocolate Chunk Greek Yogurt Muffins
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line the muffin pans with liners.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment mix the sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Combine the yogurt and chocolate.
- With the mixer still on add 1/3 of the yogurt to the mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 of the dry mix.
- Add another 1/3 of the yogurt.
- Add the remaining dry mix.
- Add the remaining yogurt.
- Fill each muffin cup with batter.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes reduce temperature to 375 and cook an additional 15 minutes.