Call me crazy…but today is day 1 of my 3-day juice cleanse. AGAIN. I survived the cleanse back in August…but will I be able to now that thoughts of pumpkin, apple, cinnamon and cloves are running through my head 24 hours a day?? I guess we will find out!
Before the cleanse, I needed to get my fill of favorite foods. Sunday dinner was pasta and cookies were eaten at various times throughout the day.
Have you ever had any of the Justin’s nut butters? This was my first experience. I was missing out! I’ve been really into almond butter lately so I thought why not try chocolate almond butter. It’s a little bit like Nutella, but healthier because it’s made with almonds (obvi) and organic ingredients.
For a fun variation of Rice Krispie treats, we used Reese’s Puffs cereal and added Justin’s Almond Butter and MY.FAVORITE.CANDY.OF.ALL.TIME. Reese’s Pieces. Not only do I love Reese’s Pieces, but they complimented the cereal and the colors are Halloween-y. 🙂
They were perfection.
- 8 cups Reese’s Puffs cereal
- 1 (10-ounce bag) mini marshmallows
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup chocolate almond butter (we used Justin’s)
- 1 small box Reese’s Pieces, crushed
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir continuously until completely melted and smooth. Stir in chocolate almond butter until smooth.
- Pour the Reese’s Puffs cereal into the saucepan and gently mix until the cereal is completely coated. Mix in the crushed Reese’s Pieces too.
- Press mixture evenly into baking dish, cover and let set.
- Cut into squares and serve.