This is just about the easiest recipe we have ever posted. Have you had this saltine “toffee” before? It is kind of like that but with graham crackers instead of saltines. And walnuts instead of chocolate. So, basically they both have brown sugar and butter. Totally similar. I love that toffee recipe. It is easy, tasty, and one of the first cookies to dissappear off of any cookie tray. I just love brown sugar and butter melted together. We have been making that toffee for a few years now and we love it. For the longest time the saltine toffee reminded me of something but I could not remember what.
Finally (FINALLY!) I remembered. My very best friend, Carolyn, and I used to make graham cracker toffee cookies all the time. I believe it was a recipe her Grandma got from church. Carolyn, is that right? (I am testing her to see if she is a diligent reader). Most of my childhood memories revolve around Carolyn and food, naturally. Like the summer we each ate half of a Jack’s frozen pizza everyday for lunch. So, I don’t know why it took me so long to remember these cookies. We must have made them 100 times. The important thing though is that I did, in fact, remember. Lucky for you. If you are looking for an easy cookie recipe, then here you go! And they are delicious too!!
Chop the nuts
Graham Cracker Toffee Cookies
- Graham crackers (about 30)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9 x 13 inch baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Add 1 layer of graham crackers to the baking sheet.
- Heat the butter and sugar on the stove top over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Continue to cook for 2 minutes after reaching a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the walnuts.
- Pour over graham crackers.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool.