Well, St. Patrick’s Day is almost here. Which means green food, drinks, and corned beef. Also, spring is right around the corner. At least I hope so. My gas bill is certainly ready for spring! Remember when they had colored pistachios at grocery stores? I remember there being big bulk crates of natural, red, and green shelled pistachios. I always wanted the colored ones. Obviously. And, I was convinced that the colored ones tasted better. Kind of like how the blue and green M&M’s are the best. You are with me on that, right? Blue and green are the best and red and brown are the worst. Yellow and orange are somewhere in the middle. Please tell me I am not the only one that has an M&M eating system.
Around holiday time we tend to get carried away with all the desserts. This year we decided to go the breakfast route instead. It doesn’t matter that these are practically cupcakes without frosting. Muffins count as breakfast food. But truly, these are not very sweet at all. There is barely any sugar in them. (No frosting!) These definitely qualify as breakfast in my book. So, like I said, not too sweet, St. Patrick’s Day appropriate, tasty, easy and they have pistachios. What more could you ask for?
Pistachio Pudding Muffins
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 1/8 oz package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shelled, coarsely chopped pistachios, separated
- Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line the muffin pan with liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream the butter, sugar, and pudding mix until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the side of the bowl as needed.
- Add the salt and baking powder.
- Alternate between adding the milk and the flour, starting and beginning with the flour.
- Fold in 1/2 cups chopped Pistachios.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan; filling 3/4 of the way to the top.
- Top each muffin with a few pistachios.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool.