Is there anything better than crusty bread and melty cheese? Ok, I can think of a few things. Portillo’s chocolate cake, Crab legs, brownies to name a few. But really, crusty bread and melty cheese is right at the top of my list of favorite foods. There is something about crusty bread and melty cheese that screams comfort food for me. It is like grilled cheese for fancy people. I love to think up different foods to pair with bread and cheese. The options are endless.
There are not too many fruits that I enjoy cooked but plums are one of them. Cooking them brings out the sweetness without turning the plums to mush. I don’t like mushy food, especially fruit. Pineapple is also excellent grilled. The prosciutto brings a little saltiness while the balsamic brings the tangy and pine nuts bring the crunch. The cheese obviously brings the gooey. Much needed. Cheese almost always makes things better. Altogether, these ingredients combine for a perfect little bite.
Prosciutto Wrapped Plums Bruschetta
- 8 slices french bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 plum
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- balsamic glaze
- Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the bread into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- Coat it lightly with olive oil.
- Back for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the bread is baking, slice the plum into wedges.
- Wrap the plums in prosciutto and hold together with a tooth pick.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook the prosciutto wrapped plums about 2-4 minutes per side or until the plus have softened and the prosciutto has gotten crispy.
- Once the bread is golden brown sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Top each piece of bread with a slice of cheese and then a plum.
- Bake until cheese is melted; about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and sprinkle with pine nuts.