Who watched the Oscars last night? I’m not tuning in because I needed a trashy (3 hour) fix of The Real Housewives of Atlanta instead, but I’m still checking the red carpet arrivals on my phone like it’s my full-time job.
No need to watch Fashion Police you guys. Here’s the scoop:
1. Kerry Washington
2. Sandra Bullock
3. Jennifer Garner
Not so Much:
1. Anne Hathaway
2. Emma Watson
3. Jennifer Lawrence (hair = ick)
Oh wait. Did you guys come here for the food? Okay, let’s talk cabbage! I love eggplant parmesan and chicken parmesan…why not cabbage pamigiana. Instead of the traditional breading, we roasted it until it was crisp. This was definitely a fun new spin and I really liked it. Add a quick tomato sauce and gooey mozzarella and voila!
- 1 head green cabbage
- 3 tbsp olive oil, separated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 28 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- Cut the cabbage into 1/2 inch slices and lay each slice flat on the baking sheet. Brush both sides with olive oil and a light sprinkle of salt and pepper. Roast for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are charred and cabbage is soft.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a medium saute pan and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and saute until fragrant. Add the tomato sauce and red pepper flakes and simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- Top each cabbage slice with 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1 slice of fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for another 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. If you prefer your cheese browned, you can put it under the broiler for a few additional minutes.
- Serve immediately.