Cliff is at the Bulls game tonight so I am on my own. Winnie is sleeping and I had big plans to bake lots of cookies for Winnie’s upcoming first birthday. But guess what? I have hardly any flour. So, no cookies will be made tonight. Instead, I made shrimp fried rice (which I don’t even like) and I’m watching the new Jimmy Fallon/Emma Stone lip syncing video. I still like the Joseph Gordon Levitt one the best but Emma Stone is pretty good too. Check it out if you have not seen it yet. Next up is a long bath and devouring a bag of cheese/caramel popcorn!
Who can resist crispy cauliflower bites? Not I, that is for sure. Cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables. Cliff and I like to eat it raw but we most often eat it oven baked. We pretty much eat that once a week. And we really look forward to it. Its oily and bread crumby and just magical. This recipe is very similar but instead of oven baked it is pan fried. It uses panko instead on Italian seasoned breadcrumbs and it is even crispier! Plus, dipping sauce. Always a good thing in my book.
Crispy Cauliflower Bites
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup panko
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 4 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 packet of Italian seasoning
- Chop the cauliflower into bites.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- In one bowl combine panko, salt, pepper, Parmesan, and cajun seasoning.
- In another bowl prepare the flour.
- In a third bowl add the eggs and whisk well.
- Dip the cauliflower in the flour, egg, and then the panko.
- Working in batches fry the cauliflower for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside until all cauliflower has been fried.
- While the cauliflower is frying prepare the dipping sauce.
- Combine the yogurt and the seasoning packet.
- Serve the dipping sauce with the freshly fried cauliflower.