Cliff, Winnie, and I took a quick trip to California to visit his family last week. So, sorry for the lack of posts. Cliff’s Grandma is an artist and we went to California to attend the dedication for her latest piece.
While we were there we also made a little time for some touristy activities. Hopefully, we will share those pictures soon. Winnie had her first (and second, and third, and forth) bites of lobster while we were in California. Cliff was hoping she wouldn’t like seafood but fortunately for her she took after me in that department. She gobbled that lobster right up. Proud Mom.
Kelly has been talking about making a pizza version of Monkey bread for about 3 years now and we finally got around to making it. In addition to using more savory ingredients, we decided to stuff each piece of biscuit with mozzarella cheese. It was a great decision. Each piece of bread that was torn off was oozing with cheese.
We did cheese and pepperoni because those are our favorite pizza toppings but you could absolutely add any pizza toppings you would like. Cooked sausage, olives, onions, green peppers-it is up to you. Just do not forget the cheese! I took this to a little get together at our friend’s house last night. We were ordering pizza, so monkey bread pizza was a little repetitive but one person declared this to be better than the pizza we ordered! I don’t know if that is true, but i’ll take the compliment regardless.
How to Make Mozzarella Cheese Stuffed Monkey Bread
2. Stuff each biscuit with cheese.
3. Begin layering the ingredients.
4. Top with the garlic butter mixture.
This might be even better than pizza!
Mozzarella Cheese Stuffed Monkey Bread
- 1 1/2 cans jumbo buttermilk biscuits
- 8 oz brick of mozzarella cheese
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch dry italian seasoning
- pizza sauce for dipping
- Pre Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Remove the biscuits from the cans. ( I used 1 1/2 cans)
- Cut the biscuits into quarters.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese in half.
- Grate one half and set aside.
- Cut the other half into small chunks.
- Wrap each chunk of cheese with a biscuit.
- Place half of the stuffed biscuits into the bundt pan.
- Layer with half of the pepperoni and half of the grated cheese.
- Repeat with more biscuits, pepperoni, and grated cheese.
- Combine the melted butter, garlic, red pepper flakes, and italian seasoning.
- Pour the butter mixture over the biscuits.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with hot pizza sauce.