A few months ago Kelly, Winnie, and I visited Eataly with some friends. If you are ever in Chicago I highly recommend stopping at Eataly and eating all the food. If nothing else at least grab some focaccia and a cup of gelato to go. It was nice to visit with a big group because we were able to order many things and try a bite of everything. The only drawback being that we had to share! I don’t share well when it comes to pizza, pasta, and Nutella. I want it all for myself.
One of the dishes we got was a ravioli with a lemon sauce and pistachios. I love ravioli, lemons, and pistachios so this was a no-brainer for me. And as expected, it was delicious. So delicious that we recreated the dish at home. This is a fairly light dish as far as pasta goes. There is no red sauce, just a simple and quick lemon sauce. One thing I will say is that it is not as good leftover. The noodles absorb all the sauce. Even so, I have happily been bringing the leftovers for lunch everyday. This is a nice light, springy, fresh option. The pistachios add a nice crunch, too. It is definitely not “man food” though. Save this one for your next ladies lunch!
Ravioli with Lemon Sauce and Pistachios
- 2 lb cheese ravioli
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup chicken broth
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup chopped and shelled pistachios
- fresh basil
- Cook the ravioli according the the package.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallot and garlic.
- Cook until the shallot is translucent; add the zest.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice and whisk.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the cooked ravioli.
- Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the ravioli with pistachios and basil.
- Serve immediately.