Easter is one of my favorite holidays…mainly because it has the best candy by far. Cadbury Creme Eggs are my weakness. I haven’t had one yet this season but writing about them now reminds me that I need to buy some next time I’m at the store.
We wanted to come up with some easy, Easter-esque recipes utilizing our favorite holiday candies. Have you guys ever had Reeses Pieces Eggs? Oh Em Gee, they’re so good. I absolutely love Reese’s Pieces, it’s my go-to candy at the movie theater. But just this season I learned that they made Reeses Pieces in egg form and this is even better than the original because they’re bigger!
So we decided to make cute little birds nests complete with chocolate, coconut and eggs! They were so easy and of course so yummy. I think small gift bags with a few of these and tied with a spring colored bow would be perfect for friends, co-workers or your kids’ Easter baskets.
Reeses Egg Nests
- 24 mini pretzel twists
- 24 Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- 24-48 Reeses Pieces Eggs
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a single layer, lay the pretzels on the baking sheet and place a Hershey Kiss in the center of each pretzel.
- Place in the oven until the chocolate softens but before it melts, about 4-5 minutes.
- Press the chocolate down with 1-2 Reeses Pieces Eggs each.
- Sprinkle generously with coconut flakes and allow the nests to sit and harden.