As you know, last week our family spent 7 glorious days in Mexico. I did nothing but lounge around the pool (and eat and drink, obviously) and it was just what I needed. In the past, we’ve always had posts scheduled while we were away but life has been hectic lately and we ended up checking out completely from the blog while on vacay too.
Right before we left, we made this cantaloupe drink. It was so summery and refreshing and it definitely put us in the mood for the beachy trip that awaited us.
Have I mentioned before my obsession with La Croix? I’ve tried several flavors but the coconut is by far the best. It actually tastes like sunscreen, but in a good way. I promise! Originally when we were planning this recipe we were going to use regular San Pellegrino but at the last minute we decided on coconut La Croix, not really knowing whether coconut and cantaloupe even worked together. The two ended up complimenting each other well and the coconut La Croix is what made this Cantaloupe Drink taste extra summery!!
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cup cantaloupe, cut into chunks
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 cans coconut La Croix (or other sparkling water)
- In a small saucepan, heat water and honey and stir until dissolved and just beginning to boil. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Place cantaloupe, honey syrup, lime juice and mint in a food process and pulse until smooth.
- Use a fine mesh strainer to strain the cantaloupe then pour into glasses (or a pitcher).
- Top with La Croix and a mint sprig for garnish.