Did you enjoy your Memorial Day weekend? I hope so! Chicago had fabulous weather (FINALLYYYY) and I tried to make the most of the long weekend. I saw The Other Women with friends and cracked up way more than I thought I would. I got a mega cup of froyo and doused it with almonds, chocolate chips and major sprinkles. I got mani pedis with friends followed by drinks at not one but TWO bars. #barhopper. I went to a BBQ and had a Memorial Day necessity, hot dog on the grill. And most importantly I celebrated Winnie’s first birthday party!
In between all this fun stuff, we also had a successful blogging day. First up on our list were these Hot Dogs with Banh Mi Slaw. Okay, so I guess I ate 2 hot dogs this weekend. I had to taste test our creation though so don’t judge!
The most recent Food Network Magazine had so many good recipes! This one included. There are so many more that I can’t wait to try. This particular recipe took less than 10 minutes of prep time and it was a totally fun and creative spin on the traditional hot dog. And even better…the only cooking is on the grill so it’s great for keeping your kitchen cool in the summer!
Hot Dogs with Banh Mi Slaw
- 6 vienna beef hot dogs, grilled
- 6 poppyseed buns
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup radishes, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 jalapeno,thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- In a small saucepan, combine rice vinegar, sugar and water. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together radish and carrot.
- Add cooled vinegar mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Stir in jalapeno and cilantro last.
- Top grilled hotdogs with banh mi slaw.