I love all things Starbucks. My go-to order varies from the Skinny Vanilla Latte, to Chai Tea Latte, to healthy venti hot green tea and refreshing iced Passion Tea…but in all honesty I probably wouldn’t turn away any drink handed to me as long as it came in a bux cup. But there are people out there that don’t like coffee and therefore don’t share the same obsession with Starbucks as us normal people.
Kara is one of those people. She doesn’t like coffee OR tea. How weird is that!? For people like Kara the options are quite limited at Starbucks. It’s either hot chocolate or Strawberries and Creme Frappuccino.
We found a copycat recipe for the Strawberries and Creme Frappuccino so we decided to give it a try. It took less than 5 minutes total, perfect when you have an adorable little 1 year old right at your feet. As soon as we were done blending, Winnie had her eyes on this pink drink. I let her try a little bit and she kept saying mo’ mo’ mo’ (more). She loved it! So Auntie Kel gave her more :). Afterall, there were strawberries and milk…healthy! Kara, Winnie and I ended up splitting this drink and we all loved it!
Strawberries and Creme Frappuccino
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla ice cream
- 2 cup crushed ice
- 3 strawberries, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons strawberry syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
- whipped cream, optional
- Combine ice cream, milk, strawberries, strawberry syrup, ice and xanthan gum
- Use a blender or immersion blender to process until smooth.
- Transfer to serving glass and top with whipped cream, if desired. Serve immediately.