The other day, my friend Jen and I were discussing appetizers that she could bring to a weekend BBQ. She wanted something tasty, that could be served cold and that was easy to make. The most important things about appetizers in my opinion. We threw out a bunch of ideas and finally I said how about the classic, fool-proof, everybody likes it Taco Dip? She ended up making it for 2 different parties and it was a hit both times. Obviously. Who doesn’t like old school taco dip?
Anyways, this got me thinking. For starters, LLP has yet to post a taco dip recipe. How can that be!?!? And second, how can we change it up and add our own twist?
We ended up making our own version this past weekend. We went with our favorite taco ingredients and rolled them up into bite size taco roll-ups. They were addictive!! After eating a bunch, Kara ended up taking the rest to a friend’s BBQ. They immediately got scarfed down. Score!
Taco Dip Roll-Ups
- 6 medium flour tortillas
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 packet of low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red fresno pepper, seeds and ribs removed and finely diced
- 3-4 stalks green onions, chopped
- generous handful cilantro, chopped
- Mix the softened cream cheese with the taco seasoning.
- Combine the chopped chicken, chopped pepper, chopped cilantro, chopped green onions, black beans and corn.
- Spread the cream cheese on the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Top with chicken/veggie mix.
- Press the toppings into the tortilla.
- Roll up tightly and slice.