Happy *almost* 4th of July guys! Anybody have any fun plans for the holiday weekend? BBQ? Fireworks? I actually have nothing going on! How embar! I think I’m going to try and get some last minute workouts in before I leave for Puerto Vallarta next week. Bike rides, walks, spinning…I sure need it all!
If you’re going to any BBQ’s or get-togethers this weekend and need an easy recipe to bring this is a perfect option. This comes together in under 20 minutes. Score! Plus it is colorful and tasty and has a lot of flavor. There is spice and crunch and everything nice.
Hope you have a great long weekend filled with good weather, relaxation and some tasty food!
Garden Veggie Panzanella
- 2 cup cubed bread (we used a pumpernickel bagel
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- Mexican crema, optional
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed and finely diced
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the cubed bread and drizzle it lightly with olive oil. Toss together and baked for 8-10 minutes, keeping an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, jalapeno and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together corn, tomatoes, radishes, cucumbers, red onion, green onion and cilantro. Add bread and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Toss together.
- Serve immediately, with a drizzle of Mexican crema, if desired.