Growing up we used to always have veggie pizza as an appetizer at parties. My Mom would bake crescent rolls into a crust and top with ranch/cream cheese and raw vegetables. I had totally forgotten about this recipe but Kelly makes it a lot for her friends. I wanted to make a summer friendly (no oven required) version. This is almost too easy. You don’t need an oven, or a mixer, or even a microwave. You can seriously whip these up in under 10 minutes. I took these to a barbeque at my friends house and they were a huge hit.
In addition to making some to bring to my friends house I also saved a few for Winnie to snack on. I am not very good at feeding her vegetables. It is so much easier to slice a strawberry or give her a handful of blueberries than it is to feed her broccoli. I don’t really like leftover vegetables so why would she? And it is not realistic to make her freshly cooked vegetables for every meal and snack. She likes raw carrots and cucumbers but I just can’t see her eating a big hunk of raw broccoli or cauliflower. This is an easy way to sneak in those veggies though. They are partially hidden by cheese and cream cheese and it looks fun, too! I don’t always want to hide her vegetables though. Cliff and I love vegetables and we want her to also. The trick is getting her to give them a chance. This was a great way to get her to eat her veggies and easy for me to prepare. I kept these in the refrigerator for a few days and they held up really well. If you are serving them to a crowd I suggest making them fresh but for a 1 year old it is just fine. We liked these so much we made another version too. Stay tuned.
Veggie Pizza Roll Ups
- 3 8 inch tortillas
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cup chopped raw veggies-broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cucumber
- Chop the vegetables into a small dice.
- Mix the cream cheese and half of a packet of ranch dressing mix.
- Spread 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture on each tortilla.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the cream cheese layer.
- Add the Veggies.
- Press everything into the tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla up into a tight roll and slice 1 inch rolls.
- Serve immediately.