As Kelly mentioned yesterday we are testing out some recipes we found on Pinterest. You always see pictures of Pinterest fails. Like this. These make me laugh so hard. For those of us that are not perfectionists (definitely me) there is no chance I could make all of the crafty things you see on Pinterest. A girl has to know her crafting limits. My limit just so happens to be very low. Winnie will not be getting any beautifully decorated birthday cakes from me. I wish I had the patience and talent to make a cake like that. No way. But instead of Pinterest fails we are doing Pinterest successes. There are tons of things on Pinterest that look absolutely delicious. But again, one must know their limits. We will be doing practical Pinterest successes. Easy appetizers, dinners, drinks and desserts.
Along with the baked edamame we also made these French onion chicken sandwiches. Cliff loves French onion soup so I knew this would be a hit with him. Grilling chicken breast is so quick and I am always looking for something different to do with chicken breast. This recipe was super easy. Anyone would have time to make this on a weeknight. You could even make the onions ahead of time and just pop them in the microwave once the chicken is ready. I ate mine without onions (not a fan) and it was still delicious. This is a great quick weekday meal that I think would appeal to most everyone. This one is definitely a Pinterest success.
French Onion Chicken Sandwiches
- 1 onion, cut into half moons
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 handful of spinach
- 2 hamburger buns
- Heat the grill on medium high heat.
- Slice the onions into half moons.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and add the onions, olive oil, and sugar.
- Cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the onions are cooking pound 1 chicken breast to medium thickness and cut in half.
- Grill the chicken for about 5 minutes per side.
- At the very end add the sliced cheese.
- Grill the buns if you’d like.
- Add the chicken breast to the bun, then the onions and top with spinach.
- Serve immediately.