In my opinion, today’s recipe should win some kind of Pinterest award for most beautiful ever. Isn’t it gorg? I love the milky green and pink layered and topped with a bright red cherry.
Aside from being the prettiest dish ever, I also really love this recipe!
My dad has always been a pistachio dessert lover and it has grown on me more and more throughout the years. I love the crunchy nuts and the sweet flavor. I never thought to turn instant pistachio pudding into Spumoni Trifles, but I’m sure glad we found it on Pinterest because the dessert came together beautifully. It would be a perfect dessert to serve at a party too.
The creamy pistachio pudding layered with cherry whipped cream and both soaked into cubes of moist and sweet pound cake. It doesn’t get much better than that!
- 16 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 3 – 4 oz envelope instant pistachio pudding
- 3 cup heavy whipping cream
- handful maraschino cherries, stems removed and chopped
- 3 tbsp juice from maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- pound cake loaf, cut into small cubes
- Start with the pudding: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat sweetened condensed milk and water for 1 minute. Add the pudding envelope and beat for 2 more minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate overnight. You want the pudding to be firm.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat 2 cups heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the chilled pudding, until combined. Transfer to a bowl and place in your fridge until needed.
- Prepare cherry whipped cream next. In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat 3 cups heavy cream, cherry juice, and confectioners’ sugar on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Increase speed to high and beat until a stiff. Fold in chopped cherries.
- To assemble the trifles, use a large trifle dish or small jars/bowls. Layer the cake, then a spoonful of pudding, then the cherry whipped cream; repeat. Top with a maraschino cherry.