After a few weekends of traveling we were finally home for a weekend! It was nice to be back in the kitchen. And to have my suitcases finally emptied. Traveling is fun but it is so hard coming back to a pile of mail, piles of laundry, and an empty fridge. I found myself going grocery shopping at 7am last Monday because we seriously had no food for Winnie to eat. And let’s not even talk about the pile of papers on my desk at work. Going back to work is the absolute worst.
I have totally jumped into the fall spirit. We took Winnie to the pumpkin farm a few weeks ago. She got to pet the giraffes and zebras and she loved the corn box. We dug out the box of fall decorations and are getting the house ready. I’ve made my first pot of soup of the season. So, pretty much we have done all of the cliche fall things that everyone else does. I have found myself either drinking hot chocolate or hot apple cider every evening. This creamy apple cider is kind of a combination of the two. Creamy like hot chocolate and apple-y like apple cider. It is a fun spin on regular apple cider.
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine the heavy cream and the brown sugar and heat over medium low heat.
- Cook until the sugar is dissolved, stirring often.
- In a separate pot heat the apple cider over medium high heat until hot.
- Once the sugar is dissolved remove from heat.
- Pour the apple cider into 2 glasses.
- Top with the cream.
- Serve immediately.